The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) provides proof that individuals hold necessary training and qualifications to carry out their work on construction sites.
In the UK construction industry CSCS is the leading skills certification.
CSCS keeps a complete information in database of people who achieved or commented to achieve a recognized construction certificate.
Major house builders and principle contractors require a valid CSCS card on their site for workers.
CSCS is a not-for-profit limited company and its directors are from unions and employer to represent the breadth of this industry. This Scheme’s application processing and contact center is delivered under the CITB contract.
This course includes:
- Risk assessment for health and safety at work
- Safe manual handling
- Working safely at height
- Risk to health under a construction environment
- Safely working with plant and equipment
- All sections covered in the health and safety
- An opportunity to answer the questions that could come up on the test
- A preparation test to give delegates some experience of the actual test
Types of cards:
- Experienced Manager, Supervisor or Technical
- Experienced worker
- Trainee Card
- Skilled Worker
- Academically Qualified Person
- Construction Related Occupation (CRO)
- Construction Site Visitors
- Professionally Qualified Person
- Construction Site Operative (CSO)